THIS IS A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY. BY USING THIS SITE, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS TO THIS AGREEMENT, PLEASE CONSULT YOUR ATTORNEY.
Section 1: Scope of the Policy.
Section 2: Collection of Information.
- We collect information about you as a part of the operation of our websites. This information may include personal information, contact information, technical information, visitor information, employment information, payment information, or other information.
- For example, we may collect the following information about you:
- Personal information such as your first and last name, title, gender, date of birth, age, associate number, or related information;
- Contact information such as home and office address; home, office, or cellular telephone numbers; fax number; home or office e-mail address; or related information;
- Technical information such as usernames and passwords; device sign-on data, device ID, duration of services and logins; other technical information discussed in Section 4 below; location information collected from websites, mobile devices, or others; or related information;
- Visitor information such as group name, purpose of your visit, affiliation, special needs, date of visit, or related information;
- Employment information such as job application information, resume information, qualifications or certifications, company name, position, salary, job title, current or previous addresses, social security number or other identification number, references, or related information;
- Payment Information such as credit card, bank account, or other information relating to your transactions; or
- Other information.
- We may also collect information about you from third parties. We may receive information about your interactions with various service providers or websites. For example, if you access our services or websites using LinkedIn, certain information about your use of its service may be received by us, including your user ID, any information you have made public in connection with that service, or any other information you have permitted those third parties to share with us.
Section 3: Use of Information.
- We may use information about you to provide you with our services; improve or develop our services; fulfill our business purposes, comply with legal requirements; or other purposes.
- Provision of Services. We may use the information about you in order to provide you with our websites or services. For example, we may use information about you to:
- Enable you to interact with our websites, applications, services, social networks, or blogs;
- Register, create, or manage user accounts and to authenticate you as a user and allow you to use our services or websites;
- Plan, coordinate, and enable you to attend plant or facilities visits;
- Measure, predict, or study the use of our websites or services and to personalize our websites and services to your interests;
- Send you messages that provide information about our websites or services or other communication; provide you with updates or other publications; or survey you for satisfaction or improvements;
- Market or promote our websites or services, such as by sending you messages regarding conferences, products, or services that you may be interested in; or developing promotional or marketing materials and provide those materials to you;
- Make using our websites more convenient, such as by storing your information;
- Enable you to participate in contests;
- Register you for meetings, conferences, or events; provide updates or marketing about other meetings, conferences, or events; or
- Other purposes.
- Improving or Developing Services. We may use information about you to provide, protect, maintain, or improve our services or websites. We may also use this information to develop new services or websites, improving the content and functionality of our websites or services, understanding our users, or managing our websites or services.
- Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may buy or sell business units. We may use information about you in connection with these transactions.
Section 4: Sharing of Information.
- Service Providers. We may share information about you with individuals or organizations that perform services on our behalf. These may include website hosting or support service providers; recruitment service providers; human resources consultants; background check organizations; contest promoters; conference or event organizers and promoters; marketing service providers; financial institutions; payment processors; anti-fraud service providers; shipping or billing service providers; customer service providers; or others who perform legal, compliance, technological, security, logistical, financial, tax, or administrative functions on our behalf. We take reasonable steps to ensure the privacy and security of information about you, and to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of that information. We require these organizations to use your information solely for the purposes of providing services to us, to protect your information with appropriate safeguards, and to comply with legal requirements as necessary.
- Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may buy or sell business units. We may transfer information about you in connection with these transactions.
- Compliance with laws and Other Purposes.
- We may share information about you for legal reasons. For example, we may share information about you to protect the rights of Honda Innovations, our customers, suppliers, service providers, employees, or others; enforce our agreements; recover debt; protect the confidentiality and security of records; detect and prevent fraud or violations of the law; abide by the law, court orders, government or law enforcement requests, or discovery requests; prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities; or for other purposes identified in our websites or agreements.
- We may also disclose aggregate or statistical information to our business partners, for public relations purposes, or other purposes.
Section 5: Cookies, Web Beacons, Logs, or Other Automated Collection.
- We use browser cookies, Flash cookies, web beacons, logs, or other technologies for functionality, convenience, analytics, marketing, security, activity trending, or other purposes relating to your use of our websites.
- Cookies. A browser cookie is a small text file placed on your device by a website that contains information that can later be read and modified. We may use browser cookies to authenticate you as a user when you log in to your account; track your session, remember your settings, location, or preferences; deliver content specific to your preferences and interests; load websites faster and connect with servers; or provide other functions. You may change your browser settings to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your device. However, you may have limited functionality if you block browser cookies set by our websites. The Help portion of your browser should explain how to configure your browser’s cookie handling.
- Flash Cookies and other Local Storage. We may use Adobe Flash cookies (or Local Shared Objects) or HTML5 local storage in connection with our websites or services. These local storage technologies are similar to browser cookies. We may use these technologies with videos and applications to provide you with video clips, animation, or other content. We may use these technologies to remember settings, preferences, and usage. We do not use Flash cookies or HTML5 local storage to serve interest-based advertising. Flash cookies are usually managed using a different interface than the one provided by your browser. You may change your settings to reject or control the Flash cookies by using Adobe’s Flash Settings Manager. You may also turn off or uninstall Adobe Flash for your web browser. Your browser may also allow you to turn off HTML5 local storage. However, you may have limited functionality if you block Flash cookies or HTML5 local storage set by our websites or if you turn off Adobe Flash or HTML5 storage. Your browser may also have add-ons that may help you manage Flash cookies or HTML5 storage.
- Web Beacons.
- Web beacons are objects embedded into web pages that allow us to determine whether and for how long you view web pages. We may use web beacons for site traffic reporting, unique visitor counts, auditing and reporting, personalization, or other functions. You may be able to turn off or manage these beacons using browser add-ons. However, you may have limited functionality if you block web beacons set by our websites.
- We may use third-party service providers to obtain information, analysis, and reports about the use of our websites and to enable you to interact with us or other users of our services or websites. We use various web technologies from Google Analytics, Omniture, Kaltura, Facebook Connect, Unica, or others. In these cases, third-party service providers’ privacy policies may also apply.
- Logs. Logs may include information relating to Internet Protocol addresses, web requests, operating systems, browser types, browser languages, date and time of your request, and cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. We use this information to administer our systems; diagnose problems; obtain analytics; enhance the functionality of our websites or services; or to make our websites or services more convenient, secure, or efficient.
Section 6: International Transfers.
- Honda Innovations Silicon Valley, Inc., 375 Ravendale Drive, Mountain View, California 94043, USA, is the controller for your information. Information about you may be used, stored, and processed, in whole or in part, in the United States. The principal place in which we hold information about you is Mountain View, California.
Section 7: Opting Out.
You may opt-out of receiving emails, newsletters, or other communication regarding new products or services using your account, if available. You may also stop the delivery of future promotional emails from us by following the specific instructions in the emails you receive, if available. You may also send an email to CONTACT@HONDAINNOVATIONS.COM to tell us that you do not want to receive communications from us. However, you will continue to receive emails, confirmations, cancellations or other notices that are required as a part of the operation of our websites or services.
Section 8: Access.
- At your request, we will provide you with reasonable access to information about you so that you can review what we have stored and, if you choose, request corrections to it. We will attempt to respond to your request as soon as practicable and generally no later than 30 days following the request.
- If you wish to correct information about you, please submit your request using the information in the “Contact Information” section below together with a clear explanation of the information you would like to access or correct. We may request additional information to verify your identity.
- We may reject requests for access to information for legitimate business or legal reasons. For example, we may reject requests if your request requires disproportionate effort, is unreasonably repetitive, risks the privacy of others, or is impractical. Where information will not or cannot be accessed or amended, we will tell you the reasons.
- Where we provide access, we will attempt to do so for free. However, we may charge a reasonable fee for access.
Section 9: Children’s Online Privacy.
Our websites are not directed towards children under the age of 13. Children under the age of 13 should not use our websites.
Section 10: Security, Integrity, and Retention.
- We endeavor to use commercially reasonable efforts to keep information about you accurate, up to date, and secure. We endeavor to use appropriate physical, administrative, and technical security to protect against any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or inadequate disposal or destruction of information about you. We allow access to information about you only by employees or service providers who need to view that information.
- If an employee misuses information about you, we may take disciplinary action, up to and including termination. If a third party misuses information about you, we may take action, up to and including termination of any agreement between us and that third party.
- Nevertheless, we cannot guarantee the security of your information as it travels over the Internet. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your information while using the Internet. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your passwords and security of your systems.
Section 12: Contact Information.
THIS IS A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY. BY USING THIS SITE, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
TO THIS AGREEMENT, PLEASE CONSULT YOUR ATTORNEY.
Section 1: Acceptance through Use.
Section 2: Conditions and Restrictions on Use.
- You shall not, and shall not permit anyone else to, directly or indirectly: (i) adapt, translate, modify, reproduce or otherwise create derivatives of any part of the website, services, or software; (ii) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile or otherwise attempt to discover the source code or structure, sequence or organization of all or any part of the website, services, or software; (iii) rent, lease, resell, distribute or use the website, services, or software for timesharing, service bureau, or commercial purposes; (iv) remove or alter any proprietary notices or labels on or in the website, services, or software; (v) engage in any activity that interferes with, disrupts, damages, disables, overburdens, or impairs the website, services, or software; (vi) engage in any fraudulent, illegal, or unauthorized activity or activity that facilitates fraudulent, illegal, or unauthorized activity; (vii) misuse passwords or posted information; (viii) use the accounts of another person without permission; (ix) introduce viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or any other similar software, programs, or malware; (x) publish, post, upload, distribute, or disseminate any false, misleading, offensive, abusive, inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information; (xi) send spam, junk, mass, duplicative, or unsolicited mail; (xii) advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless specifically allowed; (xiii) abuse, harass, or harm another;
(xiv) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the website, services, or software through hacking, password mining, or other means; (xv) violate any applicable laws or regulations; or (xvi) violate the privacy of others.
Section 3: Your Obligations.
- In order to use our website, services, or software, you shall, where required, (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration form; and (ii) maintain and promptly update this information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we may suspend or terminate all of your accounts or your current or future use of the website, services, or software.
- You must be at least (thirteen) 13 years of age, or the legal age of majority where you reside if that jurisdiction has an older age of majority, to register for an account or use our website or service.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password or username associated with your account. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account, including, without limitation, all actions by sub-users registered under your account. You agree to (a) immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. We are not liable for any loss, damage or other cost arising from your failure to comply with this Section or from any unauthorized access to or use of your account. In the event of any dispute between two or more parties as to account ownership, you agree that we may act as the sole arbiter of such dispute in our sole discretion and that our decision is final and binding on all parties.
Section 4: Intellectual Property.
- You acknowledge and agree that if you contribute, provide or make available any content to the website, service, or software as a user, you hereby grant to us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, distribute, translate, publish, create derivative works based on, perform, display and otherwise exploit that content, in whole or in part, in any media for the purposes of providing you services relating to the website, service, or software, as now available or developed in the future. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power, and authority necessary to grant this license. You represent and warrant that your content
Section 5: Termination.
Section 6: Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy.
Section 7: Links to Other Websites.
- This website may include links to websites operated by other entities. Those websites are not under our control. We are not responsible for (i) their content, (ii) any changes or updates to the information on those websites, or (iii) the security or privacy policies or practices of those websites. We provide the linked websites to you only as a convenience. We do not endorse those websites, organizations operating those websites, or products or services on those websites.
Section 8: Links to This Website.
We grant you a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to our home page so long as the link does not portray us, our subsidiaries or affiliates, or our products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive manner. You may not frame or mirror any part of this website.
Section 9: Disclaimers.
THIS WEBSITE, AND THE INFORMATION AND ANY CONTENT CONTAINED HEREIN ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING, WE AND OUR AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AGENTS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AND SHAREHOLDERS, SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: (i) ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, INTEGRATION, APPROPRIATENESS, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS OR TIMELINESS, USEFULNESS, ARISING FROM TRADE USAGE OR COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR OTHERWISE OF THIS WEBSITE, THE WEBSITE CONTENT THEREON; (ii) ANY WARRANTY THAT THIS WEBSITE AND OUR OTHER WEBSITES WILL BE SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, NOT DELAYED OR SUSPENDED, UNCHANGED OR ERROR FREE AND (iii) THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF QUIET ENJOYMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, FITNESS FOR LICENSEE’S PURPOSE, TITLE, INFORMATIONAL CONTENT, NONINTERFERENCE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS THAT THE MATERIALS CONTAINED WITHIN THIS WEBSITE ARE APPROPRIATE FOR LOCATIONS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES. IF YOU USE THIS WEBSITE FROM OTHER LOCATIONS, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH ANY AND ALL APPLICABLE LOCAL LAWS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE EXPORT AND IMPORT REGULATIONS OF OTHER COUNTRIES.
We have not reviewed all the websites linked to this website and are not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other website linked to this website. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other websites is at your own risk.
Section 10: Limitation of Liability.
YOUR USE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THAT NONE OF THE PARTIES INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THIS WEBSITE IS LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER LOSSES, COSTS, OR EXPENSES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING LEGAL FEES, EXPERT FEES, OR OTHER DISBURSEMENTS) WHICH MAY ARISE, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, (1) THROUGH THE ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR BROWSING OF THIS WEBSITE OR (2) THROUGH YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIALS, DATA, TEXT, IMAGES, VIDEO OR AUDIO FROM THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANYTHING CAUSED BY ANY VIRUSES, BUGS, HUMAN ACTION OR INACTION OR ANY COMPUTER SYSTEM, PHONE LINE, HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR PROGRAM MALFUNCTIONS, OR ANY OTHER ERRORS, FAILURES OR DELAYS IN COMPUTER TRANSMISSIONS OR NETWORK CONNECTIONS. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION
Section 11: Indemnification.
Section 12: Claims of Copyright Infringement.
Notification of claimed copyright infringement should be submitted to the following:
American Honda Motor, Inc.,
Law & Intellectual Property – Patent Group
21001 State Route 739, Raymond, OH 43067
Section 13: Copyright and Trademark Notices.
This website © 2023 Honda Innovations Silicon Valley, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Honda® is a registered trademark of Honda Motor Co., Ltd. All other marks that appear throughout this website belong to Honda Innovations Silicon Valley, Inc. or the respective owners of such marks, and are protected by U.S. and international copyright and trademark laws. You shall not remove, modify, alter, or obscure copyright notices or trademark notices on website or on the content on our website. Any use of any of the marks appearing throughout this website without the express written consent of us or the owner of the mark, as appropriate, is strictly prohibited.
- On one or more occasions, we may modify, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the website, services, software, in part or in whole, for any reason or no reason, with or without notice, in our sole discretion. We are not liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the website, services, or software.
Section 15: Governing Law and Venue.
Section 16: Miscellaneous.