As an individual company that’s part of global Honda – Honda Innovations, Inc. was named for its purpose: relentless determination to challenge convention and dream big. It’s here to support all the disruptive technologies Honda is working on behind the scenes as the company helps shape the mobility ecosystem of the future.
Joining Honda Innovations means you’ll be responsible for supercharging all business units within global Honda, from R&D to new business development. The company develops partnerships with innovators across all funding stages who seek to transform technology and business. Being part of this company means you’ll be at the forefront of Honda’s most innovative technologies.
The Project Manager, Research and Strategy should be well-versed in technology and business strategy and highly skilled in compiling persuasive reports in both Japanese and English to effectively communicate the potential external opportunities that align with Honda’s strategic objectives. The role will work closely with internal stakeholders (including business development and engineering teams) to conduct market research and analyze potentially transformative opportunities and innovations from the startup community. She/he will take the lead in guiding this process and compiling executive briefs and collateral to shape partnership strategies, communicate the potential of investment and acquisition opportunities, and deliver critical messages to Honda executives.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Conduct market research in both English and Japanese on the latest trends in startups, venture capital and
- Produce startup landscape reports summarizing these trends and their applicability to Honda’s current business and future
- Liaise closely with internal stakeholders to share insights and key findings, develop a point of view, and build consensus on high-priority strategic
- Synthesize findings to produce clear and compelling briefs and collateral materials in Japanese to communicate the potential of startup partnership, investment and acquisition opportunities.
- Perform ad hoc research to support internal business
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in market research, trend analysis, and opportunity
- Solid understanding of innovation ecosystems, startups, and venture
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to interpret data and present cohesive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Japanese and
- Previous experience crafting and delivering effective research briefs and executive
- Well-organized with the ability to manage multiple research initiatives in parallel while maintaining a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Deep knowledge or intellectual curiosity about the future of transportation, energy, and
- Motivated team player with the ability to work with diverse, cross-functional
- Highly proactive with an ability to adapt to dynamic
Position is based in Mountain View, CA. Domestic/International travel required is 20%-30%.